Friday, February 1, 2013

A bit of peplum

What a gorgeous day here in Phoenix! After some more freak weather - rainy for four days, it's back up in the 70s.  Luckily I have Friday off, so I met up with some girlfriends for lunch and ended up walking around campus a bit just enjoying the sun. 


This peplum top was actually purchased at the Lulu*s Style Studio last semester, and I haven't worn it since! It's definitely out of my comfort zone since my style revolves around very casual and comfortable pieces.  This peplum top is definitely more structured and dressy than I'm used to! I'm really happy it's a casual t-shirt material though, since it allowed me to dress it down.  I just bought these "Sexy Boyfriend" jeans on sale from Gap, and figured they were the perfect way to dress down this top.  It worked out well! Plus, these are my first boyfriend jeans and I'm very happy with them! So relaxed and comfortable.



These rings have become my OBSESSION.  I bought just the blue and green ones a few weeks ago at Madewell, and I loved them so much I went back and bought all the other colors! I scored them on sale with an extra 40% off so I think it ended up being about $2 a ring.  Talk about a deal!



One of my favorite pairs of Minnetonkas!






Candid shot!

Well, back to attempting to finish some school work over the weekend! Senior year is very different from what I'm used to, so I'm trying to stay on top of things.  Let's hope for the best!

Outfit details: top - Lulu*s; jeans - Gap; belt - Nordstrom BP; rings - Madewell; shoes - Minnetonka (via Saks Off 5th); necklace and bracelet - vintage

11 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your weather! I love the yellow peplum and your flats! Great outfit.

    xx
    Medge
    http://www.myvoguishdiaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes Arizona is pretty warm this time of year. About 70 usually! And thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Love that peplum top! The colour is so perfect on you.

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I was a little wary about buying it since I didn't think my blonde hair went well with yellow, but now I'm very happy with how it looks!

      Delete
  3. Awesome top. Reminds me of the Arizona sunshine. PS. Did you see the snow yesterday?

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) and yes the snow was insane! My roommate and I ventured into it all because we were craving soup from Paradise Bakery. I'm hoping for that sunshine to come back soon! I don't want it to be hot, but a little warmer would be nice haha

      Delete
  4. really adorable! love your colorful rings!!:) I have a giveaway on my blog and I would love to invite you to join! one big kiss!!

    Leonor
    thesparklinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute top!

    Hope you have time to visit my blog and maybe enter my chicnova.com giveaway! Thanks!
    Just Tututiny

    ReplyDelete